“Dual-Mode” Model Ramp
Lift-U’s® new curb-smart “Dual-Mode” Model LU18 Ramp is designed specifically for low-floor bus applications. The Model LU18 offers a a two-position interior floor, that when deployed to most curbs maintains a level entrance into the bus; and when deployed to street level a portion of the interior floor automatically lowers on an incline to offer a 1:6 slope for easier passenger boarding. The LU18 facilitates a load capacity of 1,000 pounds, which exceeds the ADA. The LU18 is electrically operated and controlled. Hydraulics are not required for operation. All major ramp components including the ramp plate are manufactured out of stainless steel for corrosion resistance. Aluminum is not used to avoid galvanic corrosion.
- 1:8 maximum slope when deploying to a 6-inch curb while maintaining a level entrance
- Two-position interior floor automatically lowers to a 1:6 incline when the outer ramp reaches a pre-determined angle.
- Load capacity 1,000 lbs.
- Stainless steel construction
- Tension controlled to prevent “free falling” of ramp platform in any direction
- No hydraulics – all electric operation
- Manual operation requires less than 20 lbs. of force
- Ramp removal is not required for maintenance
- Available in 30-inch and 32-inch widths
- Object detection feature – should the ramp encounter an obstruction, the drive motor is disabled and ramp motion stops
- Soft-touchdown technology – the ramp decelerates prior to contact with the sidewalk or roadway
- Watertight electronic enclosure